Defending Your Driving Rights, Protecting Your Future.
El Paso Felonies Lawyer
Experienced Defense Representation in the Counties of El Paso, Hudspeth, Culberson & Beyond
Felonies are serious crimes in Texas for which you can be sentenced to a year or more in jail or prison. The result of a conviction will not only lead to criminal penalties, the loss of your reputation, in some cases the loss of your job, and serious financial repercussions, but a permanent mark on your record as a convicted felon. Your criminal record can put a huge damper on future life opportunities, from gaining employment and housing to eligibility for professional licenses in the trades or careers such as education, medicine, pharmacy, piloting, real estate, and more.
Because of the impact a conviction can have on your entire life, you will need to fight for your future. At Aaronson Law Firm, we understand how deeply important our work is to the futures and freedom of our clients. That is why we work vigorously on your behalf in devising legal strategies designed to help you avoid or minimize the consequences of criminal charges. With more than 40 years of experience working in the local criminal justice system, our attorney has a solid grasp on what to do and how to do it for clients facing felony allegations.
Book a free case review with our El Paso felonies attorney by contacting Aaronson Law Firm via email message or by phone at (915) 265-0848. Hablamos español.
Know Your Rights: Do's and Dont's When You Have a WarrantRead More
Weird and Unusual Traffic Laws from Across the USARead More
What Are the Benefits of Having a Clean Driving Record?Read More
Holiday Help: How to Avoid Traffic Convictions in the New YearRead More
Removing Traffic Convictions, Surcharges, and PointsRead More
What To Do After Your License Is SuspendedRead More
How the Aaronson Law Firm Provides to YouRead More
Why You Need to Hire a Criminal Defense AttorneyRead More
Types of Felonies & Their Penalties in Texas
Texas categorizes felonies into the following groups:
- Capital felonies. These are the most serious crimes in Texas that are generally punished by life in prison without parole. They involve capital murder, such as murder for hire, serial killings, murdering a minor under the age of 15, murdering an on-duty policeman, and more.
- First-degree felonies. These include trafficking minors, murder, aggravated sexual assault, aggravated robbery, and more. They are punishable by five to 99 years or life in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Second-degree felonies. These crimes range from aggravated assault to manslaughter, robbery, sexual assault, and arson. They are punishable by two up to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Third-degree felonies. These include third-offense DWI, stalking, third-offense violation of a protective order, and indecent exposure to a child. They are punishable by two up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
- State jail felonies. These include DWI with a child passenger, theft of goods or services valued between $1500 and $20,000, burglary of a building, and check forgery. They are punishable by 180 days up to two years in a state jail facility and a fine of up to $10,000. Some of these crimes may be charged as and punished as a Class A misdemeanor.
If you are under investigation or have been arrested for any crime in Texas, you have many Constitutional rights that you should exercise. Among these is the right to remain silent, the right to a fair and speedy trial, and the right to an attorney. You also have the right to remain free from unreasonable search and seizure. Your first action should be to seek the representation of a proven criminal defense lawyer who can protect your rights and ensure that you have an effective defense. Where your rights are violated during an investigation or your arrest, the evidence found may be thrown out which could diminish the case against you.
Work with an El Paso felonies attorney who is dedicated to seeking the most favorable outcome of your case. Call us for a free consultation at (915) 265-0848 today or contact the firm online.
They took care of everything for me!Alex G.
It's such a simple process with AaronsonBecky C.
It was so easy.Manny A.
Confidence in a Challenge
I thrive on the energy and challenge of litigation, and I inspire confidence in those I meet. As your dedicated legal advocate, my goal is a favorable outcome for you and your loved ones. Over four decades of legal experience means that when I say I'll fight for your case, I mean it.
Every single day at Aaronson Law Firm, I put my comprehensive knowledge and experience of traffic law and criminal defense into action. I'm prepared to guide you through your case, making the process as smooth as possible, and making you aware of any speed bumps along the way.
Fill Out the Form Below to Get Started